When users ask to swap or drop a shift, you can use the When I Work Scheduling app to process the requests from your Android phone.
You can also process requests from your computer or iPhone.
- You must have supervisor, manager, or admin access privileges to process employee requests. If you’re a supervisor, you can only process requests for employees that belong to your schedules.
- Swap and drop requests do not require approval if Require Manager Review for Swaps and Drops is turned off in the Scheduling Settings.
- All requests have a status. Learn more about the different Shift Request Statuses.
- From the When I Work Scheduling app, tap the Shift Requests dashboard card.
- Tap the swap or drop request that you want to process.
- Requests that require your approval are automatically moved to the top of the list.
- Requests with a Pending Approval tag need action from a supervisor, manager, or admin.
- Requests with a Pending Acceptance tag need action from users.
- (Optional) If you would like to change who the swap or drop request is offered to, clear a check box next to a shift (swap request) or user (drop request).
- Approve or deny the request.
- To approve the request, tap Approve. Users on the request are automatically notified.
- To deny the request, tap Deny. The user that submitted the request is automatically notified.