When I Work provides an Application Program Interface (API) to allow your custom applications to interact and exchange data with When I Work. Our API follows standard conventions with logically grouped methods. For further information, please view our API documentation.
Things to know before you begin
- Account holder approval is required prior to When I Work providing the Developer Key. This can be achieved by having the account holder submit the Developer Key Request, or copying the account holder on the email so that the account holder can give approval.
- The When I Work API is an exclusive benefit for accounts with Enterprise Plans. Accounts need to upgrade to an Enterprise level subscription prior to receiving the API Key. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Sign up for a Developer Key
- Visit our home page.
- Click the menu drawer on the top right of the page. In this drawer, you will find an option for “API/Dev” that will bring you to the same page.
- To request a developer key, go to the bottom left of the page located underneath the method groups column and click “Sign Up for a Developer Key”. We recommend using this form as the quickest method.
- When filling out this form, please include the following information:
- Expected Employees
- Name of company
- Name of developer
- Email of the developer
- Intended use of the API access
- If you have any questions, send us a message at email@example.com.