Positions are used to tag employees and shifts to a particular duty or skill.
When you add or modify a position, the schedule and timesheets are immediately updated.
Step 1: Go to the positions page
Hover over , then select Positions.
Step 2: Make your changes
From the Positions page, you can add, reorder, rename, delete, and favorite positions.
Add a position
- Click Add Position at the top-right corner.
- Type a Name for the position.
- (Optional) To set a color for the position, click Pencil button.
- Click Add Position.
Reorder your positions If you want them to appear in a particular order on the scheduler. To move a position to a different spot in the order, click and drag Drag handle to the left of a position.
Rename a position
- Click the position that you want to rename.
- Edit the Name for the position.
- Click Save Position.
Delete a position
- Click the position that you want to delete.
- Click Delete Position.
- Click Yes, Delete Position to confirm.
Add a position to your favorites
The Favorite Positions list allows you to choose favorite positions to show in the Scheduler’s Positions filter. If you add positions to the list, other positions will not appear in the Positions filter unless one or more shifts are scheduled for them.
To add a position to Favorite Positions, click the heart icon in the Actions column to the right of the position name.
For more information on Favorite Positions, check out How Favorite Positions Work.