Hibernating a When I Work account allows you to temporarily deactivate it, suspending payments and removing users’ access to the account until it is reactivated.
You might want to hibernate your account if your business is seasonal or you’d like to put your account on hold temporarily.
Things to know before you begin
- Hibernation is not an option for accounts on annual subscriptions.
- Accounts must be hibernated for a minimum of 30 days.
- You must have account holder access privileges in order to hibernate your When I Work account.
How does hibernation work?
If you hibernate your account, we:
- Suspend payment processing for the account.
- Retain all of your account data, including employees, positions, and schedules.
- Suspend access for all users.
When you reactivate your account, we:
- Resume payment processing on your normal billing date.
- Give you access to all of your data.
Hibernate your account
- In the top-right corner of the page, hover your pointer over your profile picture, then select Account & Billing.
- Click the , then select Hibernate Account.
- If you’re sure that you want to hibernate your account for at least 30 days, click Yes, Hibernate My Account.