If an employee is unable to work an assigned shift, you can offer the shift to other qualified employees. The first employee to accept the offer is automatically assigned to work the shift.
Things to do before you beginMake sure the When I Work Scheduling app is installed on your Android phone.
- From the When I Work Scheduling app, tap Menu button in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Tap Schedule in the menu.
- Tap the shift that needs a replacement employee.
- Tap More button in the top-right corner of the screen, then tap Replace.
- In the Potential Takers list, select the employees that you want to offer the shift to.
- The list includes employees that are qualified (based on position) and available to take the shift.
- Employees with a will be offered the shift. Tap the box next to an employee to add or remove the .
- Tap Checkmark button in the top-right corner of the screen. The employees you selected are notified that the shift is available.
- Tap Back button to return to the schedule.
The shift is shaded yellow with an exclamation point while the replacement request is pending.