If an employee is unable to work an assigned shift, you can offer the shift to other qualified employees. The first employee to accept the offer is automatically assigned to work the shift.
Things to do before you beginMake sure the When I Work Employee Scheduling app is installed on your iPhone or iPad.
- From the When I Work Employee Scheduling app, tap Schedule at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the shift that needs a replacement employee.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap Find Replacement.
- (Optional) Add a descriptive message. Employees see this message in the notification that a shift is available.
- In the Potential Takers list, select the employees that you want to offer the shift to.
- The list includes employees that are qualified (based on position) and available to take the shift.
- Employees with a will be offered the shift. Tap an employee to add or remove the .
- Tap Send in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Tap Save to confirm. The employees you selected are notified that the shift is available.
A yellow exclamation point appears next to the shift while the replacement request is pending.