You can import job sites using our import tool and pre-formatted spreadsheet. This feature is useful when you have a lot of job sites you want to add at once.
Set up your Excel spreadsheet
We recommend using our job site import template:
If you don’t use our template, make sure you create the following columns:
- Name of job site
- Physical address of the job site (if applicable)
- Schedules (if your job sites are schedule-specific)
Fill out the Excel spreadsheet
Add each job site to the spreadsheet:
- Each job site should have its own row.
- Each job site must have a unique name.
- Job sites can be connected to one or all schedules. To tag the job site to all schedules, leave the schedule column blank.
Upload your Excel spreadsheet to When I Work
Hover over , then select Job Sites.
- Click more , then select Import Job Sites.
- After your file has been uploaded, match up the columns within When I Work to your document’s column headers. Click the arrow button for each option to match them up. Select Complete Upload when done.
- Once the upload completes, your new job sites populate on the Job Sites page.
When importing Job Sites, addresses are not validated by Google Maps. If you use Time Clock & Attendance and location restrictions are enabled, click and re-enter the Job Site address. Ensure that the Google Map populates with the correct location so your users can clock in.