When I Work teams up with Clair, an on-demand pay provider to offer U.S.-based employees fee-free access to a portion of their earnings as soon as they clock out. Clair’s mission is to bring financial confidence to America’s hourly workforce. This integration is included in the When I Work Attendance product and there are no changes to your payroll procedures or fees for you or your employees.
- Clair On-Demand Pay is enabled in the Attendance Settings or during your initial account setup.
- After On-Demand Pay is enabled in your account, all U.S.-based employees see prompts in the When I Work mobile app to gain access to a portion of their wages.
- Each employee needs to set up Clair individually in order to access their earnings early.
- The list of payroll providers is provided by Clair.
Turn on Clair On-Demand Pay
admins enable Clair On-Demand Pay from the When I Work web app.
Hover over , then select Attendance Settings.
- Click the toggle next to On-Demand Pay.
- Select your payroll provider from the drop down menu. If you don’t see your payroll provider listed, choose Other.
- Click Save.
Once enabled, all U.S.-based employees will see a sign-up prompt immediately once they log in to the When I Work web app.
What employees see
Once you enable On-Demand Pay, your employees will see a sign-up prompt on the Dashboard and My Hours pages of the When I Work mobile app.
After employees create their account in Clair, the sign up prompt changes into a tile that shows a portion of their earnings in Clair On-Demand Pay.
For more information about the employee experience, check out Clair On-Demand Pay Employee Reference.