Each When I Work has one account holder (also known as the owner) who controls payments and the life of the account. The account holder is the only user with access to the Account & Billing page.
Things to know before you begin
- Ownership can only be transferred to a user with manager access privileges.
- Transferring ownership to another user gives you manager access.
- Go to the Account & Billing page.
- Click Transfer Ownership under the account holder’s name. A window appears asking who is taking ownership of the account.
- Select the user’s name from the menu, then click Transfer.
When I Work sends you an email asking you to confirm the ownership transfer. Ownership is transferred after you click the confirmation link in the email.
Frequently asked questions
Can I have more than one account holder in the account?
No, each When I Work account can only have one account holder. Grant a manager access to manage payroll to give them access similar to the account holder (except the Account & Billing page).
Our account holder is no longer with our business and I need to take over ownership. What do I do?
Contact the account holder to have them transfer ownership. If they aren’t able to transfer ownership, contact our Customer Care team.