You can take an unpaid break after you clock in to your shift using the When I Work mobile apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android phones. A Take Lunch button appears after you clock in to your shift so you can record your unpaid break.
Things to know before you begin
- The Take Lunch button is only available for the iOS and Android Scheduling apps as well as the Web Terminal. Support for other platforms is coming soon.
- The Take Lunch button only records time for unpaid breaks.
- Refer to your organization’s break policy to determine when it is appropriate for you to take a break.
- From the When I Work app, tap Clock In on the Dashboard.
- When you are ready to take your break, tap Take Lunch on the dashboard.
- Tap Start Lunch Break to confirm. The break duration is shown in minutes.
If a break is scheduled during your shift, the break duration is shown. A notification reminds you to return to work within one minute of the scheduled break ending.
- Tap End Lunch to end the break.