Update your alert preferences to configure how you are automatically notified by When I Work.
- If you’re an employee, see our article on employee alert preferences.
- You can also set your alert preferences from your iPhone or Android phone.
Types of alerts
When I Work offers two types of alerts:
- Email: Just like it sounds–we’ll send you an email!
- Mobile: If you’re logged in to the When I Work app on your iPhone, iPad, or Android phone, you’ll be notified in the app. If you’re not logged in, we’ll send you a text message.
Things to know before you begin
- To receive email and text notifications, your email address and mobile number must be set in your profile.
- In some circumstances, email and text notifications can be delayed by your service provider.
- From your computer, use a supported web browser to sign in to When I Work on the web.
- In the top-right corner of the page, hover your pointer over your profile picture, then select My Profile.
- Set your Alert Preferences:
- Time-off Requests: Sends an alert when an employee requests time off.
- Swap/Drop Requests: Sends an alert when:
- An employee requests a swap or a drop that you need to approve.
- An employee offers you a shift via a swap or drop request.
- Schedule Updates: Sends an alert when:
- You are assigned new shifts.
- An employee takes an OpenShift.
A mobile notification is sent only if the shift occurs in the next two days.
- New Employee: Sends an alert when a new employee registers to your business account.
- Availability Change: Sends an alert when an employee edits their availability preferences.
- Attendance Alerts: Sends an alert when your employees have forgotten to clock in or out.
This feature is only visible if your company uses Time Clock & Attendance.
- Overtime Alerts: Sends an alert when an employee is scheduled for overtime or nearing overtime.
This feature is visible only if your company uses Scheduling and Time Clock & Attendance.
- Supervisors do not have access to overtime alerts.
- The account holder can enable or disable these alerts at the account level in Attendance Settings.
- Shift Reminders: Sends an alert when one of your shifts is coming up. You can edit how many hours before your shift to be notified.
Shift reminders can be sent as early as 24 hours before the shift starts.
- Click Save.