You can configure how you are automatically notified by When I Work. This article describes how to change notification settings from the When I Work web app.
Types of alerts
When I Work offers two types of alerts:
- Email: Just like it sounds–we’ll send you an email!
- Mobile: If you’re logged in to the When I Work app on your iPhone, iPad, or Android phone, you’ll be notified in the app. If you’re not logged in, we’ll send you a text message.
Things to know before you begin
- To receive email and text notifications, your email address and mobile number must be set in your profile.
- If you prefer to receive only SMS/text notifications while logged into the app, you can disable push notifications for the app by adjusting your phone’s settings.
- In some circumstances, email and text notifications can be delayed by your service provider.
- You can also set alert preferences on iPhone/iPad and Android!
- From the When I Work web app, click your profile picture in the upper right corner, then select My Profile.
- Set your Alert Preferences:
- Time-off Requests: Sends an alert when an employee requests time off.
- Swap/Drop Requests: Sends an alert when:
- An employee requests a swap or a drop that you need to approve.
- An employee offers you a shift via a swap or drop request.
- Schedule Updates: Sends an alert when:
- You are assigned new shifts.
- An employee takes an OpenShift.
A mobile notification is sent only if the shift occurs in the next two days.
- New Employee: Sends an alert when a new employee registers to your business account.
- Availability Change: Sends an alert when an employee edits their availability preferences.
- Attendance Alerts: Sends an alert when your employees have forgotten to clock in or out.
This feature is only visible if your business account uses When I Work Attendance.
- Shift Reminders: Sends an alert when one of your shifts is coming up. You can edit how many hours before your shift to be notified.
Shift reminders can be sent as early as 24 hours before the shift starts.
- Click Save.