When your pay period has ended, configure and finalize your payroll to send to your payroll processor.
Things to know before you begin
- Only Account Holders and Managers with Can Manage Payroll checked in their profile can close out and finalize payroll.
- All time clock entries must have an in and out time before you can close a pay period.
Step 1: Close the pay period
First, you will need to close out the pay period before you can finalize.
- Choose the pay period from the menu on the left side of the page.
- Click Close Out beneath it.
If any time sheets are missing a clock out time, you’re alerted and the time sheets are highlighted in red. Fill in the missing clock out times, then close the pay period again.
Step 2: Review payroll
After you close out your pay period, you’ll be able to see your employees’ regular, PTO, Holiday, Sick, OT, DBL (Double OT), Total Hours, and Total Wages on the Payroll Worksheet.
Review each employee’s hours for the pay period. If an employee’s hours look incorrect, click the employee’s name to jump directly to the time sheet and make any edits that are needed. When you’re finished, click Back to Payroll Summary.
Step 3: Finalize and export
When you are done reviewing your payroll, it’s time to get your payroll ready for processing.
- Click the Finalize & Export button in the upper right corner of the payroll worksheet.
- Click Finalize to confirm that you want to finalize the pay period.
- Click the Export button at the top right.
- Choose a payroll export method.
- If you want to export to an Excel file that can be imported into your preferred payroll processor, click Continue with .xlsx.
- If you’ve configured a payroll integration and want to send the payroll export directly to a payroll processor, click the name of the payroll processor.