Request time off from wherever you are with your iPhone/iPad. You can specify when and what kind of time you want to take off (Unpaid, PTO, Sick, Holiday) and send that request to your manager to get approval.
Things to know before you begin
- Your employer has the ability to turn off the time off request feature. Managers and account holders can make this change from the account’s App Settings.
- Your employer may require that you request time off a certain number of days in advance. Managers and account holders can make this change from the account’s App Settings. Be sure to check with them how much advance time they require so you can submit those requests successfully!
- This article contains images of the When I Work app on an iPhone. Although the app looks slightly different on an iPad, the app works the same on both devices.
Requesting time off
- From the When I Work Staff Scheduling app, tap on the Requests tab at the bottom.
- From the Requests page, tap Time Off at the top right.
- Select from Unpaid, Paid (PTO), Sick, or Holiday. Then select whether you’d like to take a whole or partial day off. You can also input a message if you’d like.
- Tap Send to create your request.