When you need to take time off from work, use When I Work to send the request to your manager for approval. Time off can be submitted as unpaid, paid (PTO), sick, or holiday.
Things to know before you begin
If you have employee access privileges, time off may be restricted based on your employer’s policies.
Your employer can:
- Turn off time off requests to prevent you from creating them in When I Work.
- Prevent you from requesting time off on specific dates.
- Require that you request time off a certain number of days in advance, except for sick time off. Sick time off can also be requested for past dates.
- Limit the number of paid hours per day.
Managers and account holders can make these policy changes in the Time Off Requests section of App Settings.
All requests have a status. Learn more about the different Time Off Request Statuses.
- Hover your pointer over Tray icon in the upper-right corner of the screen, then click Request Time Off.
- Set up your time off request.
- Click Send Request.
After you submit your time off request, it is sent to your manager for approval.