The paid break reporting feature allows employees to report that they have taken all of their required paid breaks during their shift. If the employee did not take their paid breaks, they can leave a note explaining why the breaks were missed for the employer’s records. Timesheet exports will highlight any missed breaks on the Breaks tab of the export.
Paid break reporting can be especially useful for your workplace if, in states like California, laws require employees to take and record their paid breaks.
Things to know before you begin
- Employees must report on their breaks before clocking out.
- Paid break reporting upon clock out is currently supported on the Android and iOS apps. Support for Web and Time Clock Terminals is coming soon.
Reporting paid breaks
Paid breaks are recorded upon clock out.
- When clocked into the When I Work app, tap Clock Out on the Dashboard.
- Tap Yes or No to answer the prompt. If Yes, skip to step 4.
- Tap How many weren’t taken and why? to record why the paid breaks were not taken.
- (Optional) Tap to leave a note.
- Tap Clock Out when the required fields are entered.
You are clocked out for your shift and any missed breaks are recorded on your timesheet.
Review paid breaks on timesheets
If an employee misses a paid break, it is reflected on their timesheet.
- Go to the Attendance page.
- Click the employee’s name under Timesheets on the left.
The employee’s timesheet appears.
- Hover over in the Details column. If paid breaks were missed Missed paid break appears.
- Hover over to view the employee’s missed paid break note.