The unpaid lunch break feature lets your employees to clock out and clock back in for unpaid breaks using the Take Lunch button. Allowing your employees to record their own lunch breaks can increase employee accountability and reduce timesheet editing overhead for management.
Things to know before you begin
- Unpaid lunch breaks are available on paid Attendance plans.
- Schedule an unpaid break in a shift to show the employee how many minutes they have for their lunch break.
- The Android and iOS apps reminds an employee when they have 1 minute left on their break.
- Employees can take more than one lunch break per shift.
Before you begin
Enable the unpaid lunch breaks option in the Attendance Settings.
Hover over , then select Attendance Settings.
- Toggle the Breaks switch on.
- Check Let employees record unpaid breaks.
- Click Save at the top of the page.
Take a lunch break
Unpaid lunch breaks are recorded when you are clocked in. Check out these articles on taking a lunch break:
- Android Time Clock Terminal
- iOS Time Clock Terminal
- Computer Time Clock Terminal
- Android Scheduling app
- iOS Scheduling app
- Personal Computer
Track employee lunch breaks
Review lunch breaks on timesheets
See Reviewing Employee’s Timesheets for information on how to review unpaid lunch breaks on timesheets.