You can edit an employee’s details at any time from the When I Work Staff Scheduling app.
Things to know before you begin
- You must have supervisor, manager, or account holder access privileges to edit an employee’s information.
- A registered employee’s email address cannot be changed by an account holder, manager, or supervisor if the user has already registered. The employee can edit their email by logging into When I Work on a computer, the Android app or the iOS app.
Edit a user’s information
- From the When I Work Staff Scheduling app, tap the More More icon tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Employees from the Toolbox list
- Select the employee you need to edit.
- Tap Edit.
- On this screen, you can edit the employee’s:
- Profile Picture
- First Name
- Last Name
- Phone Number
- Max Hours/ Week
- Employee ID
- Employee Notes
- Qualified Positions
- Tap Role, to edit the User’s Access Level.
NOTE: Supervisors cannot edit to increase the Employee’s access level. Only Account Holders and Managers have the ability to increase a User’s access level.
- Tap next to “Add Position” to add the position(s) they are qualified to work.
NOTE: When I Work allows you to tag an employee to Multiple Positions. Tagging an employee to multiple positions means that the employee is qualified to work the position.
- Tap next to the positions they are no longer qualified to work to remove a position from the employee’s Profile.
- Tap to the right of the Schedules employees are unqualified to work to remove an employee from a schedule.
- Tap Save on the top right of the screen.
NOTE: If you do not tap Save, your edits to the employee’s Profile are not stored.
- You have now completed editing the employee! As the Account Holder/ Manager/ Supervisor, you also have the ability to view the User’s Schedule (1), Enter/Edit the User’s Availability (2) , or Contact the User (Place a Phone Call, Send Text Message, Send Email, and/ or Add Contact to Address Book) (3).