Deleting an employee from the account removes them from the schedule and revokes their access rights.
Things to know before you begin
- If an employee is deleted, you can still access details about a deleted employee’s past shifts, total hours, and wages by exporting a schedule to Excel. Check out Exporting Data and scroll down to the “Schedule Export” section for more details.
- If you need to bring back an employee that you deleted, check out our article on Reactivating Deleted Employees.
To delete an employee from the account:
- Go to the Employees page from the Gear icon at the top.
- Click the Trash Can icon that is associated with the employee you’d like to delete.
The Delete Employee prompt appears.
- Choose how you want to handle the employee’s future shifts:
- If you want to keep the shifts, select Move future shifts to OpenShifts.
- If you don’t need to keep the shifts, select Delete Future Shifts.
- Click Delete Employee.
The employee is deleted from the account and schedule.