Positions are used to tag employees and shifts to a particular duty or skill. Account Holders and Managers have the ability to create a Position, edit a Position, or delete a Position.
You can also add positions from your computer or Android phone.
Things to know before you begin
- You must have manager or account holder access privileges to create a position.
- This article contains images of the When I Work app on an iPhone. Although the app looks slightly different on an iPad, the app works the same on both devices.
Things to do before you beginMake sure the When I Work Employee Scheduling app is installed on your iPhone or iPad.
Add a position
1) From the iPhone/iPad app, click the More tab at the bottom right of the screen
2) Select Positions from the Toolbox menu
3) On the top right of the screen, click the + icon to create a New Position
4) Enter a Position Name and assign a Color Code to the Position. Assigning Color Codes make it easier for Account Holder, Managers, and Supervisors while scheduling shifts.
5) OPTIONAL: To Assign a Color Code to a Position, click the color wheel on the top right of the screen. A pop up menu at the bottom of the screen will showcase the colors you can pick from.
6) For this example, we assigned Turquoise as the Position’s color code. You can see it is reflected on the top of the screen on the same line as the color wheel (changed from Gray to Turquoise).
7) If you want to save this new Position without tagging to an Employee, click “Save” on the top right of the screen. A confirmation screen will pop up and ask you to click “Save” again. If you do not click Save, your options will not be stored and you will need to start over.
8) To Tag Employees to this New Position, click “Tag Employee…” at the bottom of the screen.
9) All Employees in your account will be brought up in the following screen. From this list, select one employee at a time to Tag to the newly created Position.
10) Once you have tagged all the qualified Users to this newly created Position, click “Save” on the top right of the screen.
A confirmation screen will ask you to “Save” the Changes made to this new Position. If you do not click Save, your options will not be stored and you will need to start over.