Locations are used to tag employees and shifts to a particular workspace. Locations create separate schedules which Account Holder, Managers, and Supervisors can toggle between.
You can also create locations from your computer.
Things to know before you begin
- Account Holders and Managers have the ability to create a Location, edit a Location, or delete a Location.
- Supervisors can only view Locations if they are tagged to more than one. Only Account Holder and Manager can edit all Locations.
- If you do not share employees between Schedules or Locations, it might make more sense to create separate When I Work accounts for each Location. Contact our Customer Care Team about the best option for your business!
- Select Pricing Plans have access to only one Location. If you would like to add additional Locations, please contact your Account Holder to Upgrade your When I Work plan!
- Visit the Web app to add an IP address (applicable to Attendance & TimeClock module) for this Location.
- This article contains images of the When I Work app on an iPhone. Although the app looks slightly different on an iPad, the app works the same on both devices.
Things to do before you beginMake sure the When I Work Staff Scheduling app is installed on your iPhone or iPad.
Create a location
1) From the iPhone/iPad app, click the More tab at the bottom right of the screen
2) Select Locations from the Toolbox menu
3) On the top right of the screen, click the + icon to create a New Location
4) Enter a Location Name, Address, and Max Hours/Week
5) Notice when you add a physical address, we will drop a GPS pin for you to visualize on the map. If no physical address was added, there will not be a map for you to see.
If you want to tag Employees to this new Location, skip to step 8.
6) If you want to save this new Location without tagging to an Employee, click “Save” on the top right of the screen
7) A confirmation screen will pop up and ask you to click “Save” again. If you do not click Save, your options will not be stored and you will need to start over.
8) To Tag Employees to this New Location, click “Tag Employee…” at the bottom of the screen.
9) All Employees in your account will be brought up in the following screen. From this list, select one employee at a time to Tag to the newly created Location.
10) For this example, I have tagged both “Chris Perry” and “Dan Fring” to this new Location.
Click the x icon if you need to remove an Employee’s tag to this new Location.
11) Once you have tagged all the qualified Users to this newly created Location, click “Save” on the top right of the screen.
12) A confirmation screen will ask you to “Save” the Changes made to this new Location. If you do not click Save, your options will not be stored and you will need to start over.