Confirm your shifts to let your employer know that you’ve seen your shifts and you know they’re your responsibility.
Things to know before you begin
- Your employer has the option to require shift confirmation:
- If shift confirmation is required, you’re automatically prompted to confirm your shifts when you sign in. All users are prompted to confirm shifts regardless of their access privileges in the app.
- If shift confirmation is not required, you still have the option to confirm your shifts.
- Shifts that display an icon have already been confirmed.
Confirming your shifts when prompted
If your employer requires shift confirmation, the app prompts you to confirm new shifts (scheduled in the next two weeks) when you sign in or open the app.
Resolve a conflicting shift
If a shift doesn’t work for you, you may be able to start a swap or drop request (if your employer allows swaps and drops) to give the shift to one of your coworkers. You can also contact your manager to discuss a shift conflict.
- Tap the shift that doesn’t work for you.
- Choose a method to resolve the conflict.
Confirm all shifts
If all of the shifts work for you, tap Confirm Shifts at the bottom of the screen to let your employer know.
Confirm shifts later
If you’d like to confirm your shifts later, tap Remind Me Later.
Confirming shifts for a week
If your employer doesn’t require shift confirmation, or if you chose Remind Me Later when you were prompted to confirm your shifts, you have the option to confirm your shifts one week at a time.
- From the When I Work Staff Scheduling app, tap Schedule at the bottom of the screen.
- On the My Shifts tab, swipe to the left or right to view the week with unacknowledged shifts.
- Tap in the top-right corner of the screen.If you don’t see , there are no shifts to acknowledge for the week.
Confirming shifts one at a time
If your employer doesn’t require shift confirmation, or if you chose Remind Me Later when you were prompted to confirm your shifts, you have the option to confirm your shifts individually.
When you view a shift’s details from the Schedule view, the app automatically confirms the shift for you.