In When I Work, reminders are sent if an employee forgets to clock in or out for a shift. Adjust how soon after an employee forgets to clock in/out for a reminder to send to best fit your needs.
For example, you might want to remind employees five minutes after they forget to clock in/out and remind management 15 minutes after.
How reminders work
Clock in/out reminders are sent to both employees and management:
- An employee is reminded to clock in/out for their shift if they forget.
- Supervisors, managers, and the account holder are alerted when an employee forgets to clock in/out so they can remind the employee to clock in/out or clock in/out on the employee’s behalf.
Things to know before you begin
- App settings control when clock in/out reminders are sent, while individual users’ need to have Clock In/Out Reminders enabled in their alert preferences to receive the reminders.
- Supervisors, managers, and the account holder receive clock in/out reminders for employees tagged to the same schedules.
- Only the account holder can change app settings that determine when clock in/out reminders are sent.
- Go to App Settings.
- From the menu on the left side of the screen, click Attendance.
- Scroll down to the Notifications section to choose how long When I Work should wait to send the notifications. Notifications can be sent 1 minute after, 3 minutes after, 5 minutes after, 15 minutes after, or 30 minutes after an employee forgets to clock in or out.
- Notify Managers When Employees Miss Clock In/Out: Supervisors, managers, and account holders are notified when their employees fail to clock in or out.
- Notify Employees When They Miss Clock In/Out: Employees are notified when they fail to clock in or out.
- When you’re finished, click Save in the top-right corner of the screen.