Adding New Users into When I Work allows the New User to see scheduled shifts, available OpenShifts, clock in/ out, set Availability Preferences and much more! In addition, it also allows Account Holder/ Managers/ Supervisors the ability to communicate to the entire staff quickly.
Things to know before you begin
- You must be a supervisor, manager, or account holder to add an employee.
- This article contains images of the When I Work app on an iPhone. Although the app looks slightly different on an iPad, the app works the same on both devices.
Things to do before you beginMake sure the When I Work Staff Scheduling app is installed on your iPhone or iPad.
Add an employee
1) From the iPhone/iPad app, click the “More” tab at the bottom of the screen.
2) Select Employees from the Toolbox list
3) Click the + icon on the top right of the screen
4) Enter the New User’s First Name, Last Name, Phone Number, Email Address, and Max Hours/ Week.
If an email address or a mobile number is included in the New User’s Profile, When I Work will send the User an invitation link to register for the schedule.
5) If you would like to edit the User Access Level, click “Role.” At the bottom of the screen, you will be provided options to increase the User’s access level.
NOTE: Supervisors can only add Employees. Only Account Holders and Managers have the ability to add additional Supervisors.
6) OPTIONAL: Enter the New User’s ID as well as Notes (i.e. birthday, start date, certifications)
7) To Tag a Position to the New User, click the + icon next to “Tag Position…” and click the Position they are qualified to work from All Positions in the Account. Once you tagged the Position to the User, it will return to the “Add Employee” screen.
NOTE: When I Work allows you to tag a User to Multiple Positions. Tagging a User to Multiple Positions means that the New User is qualified to work the Position.
In the screenshot below, the New User has been tagged to two Positions: Floor Manager and Valet. At this time, we only allow the ability to Tag a Position one at a time.
8) On default, a New User is qualified to work at all Locations. You can untag the New User from select Locations by clicking the X icon to the right of the Locations they are unqualified to work at.
9) Click “Save” on the top right of the screen. If you do not click Save, your New User’s information will not be stored and you will need to start over.
10) You have now completed adding the New Employee! As the Account Holder/ Manager/ Supervisor, you also have the ability to view the New User’s Schedule, Enter/Edit the New User’s Availability, or Contact the New User (Place a Phone Call, Send Text Message, Send Email, and/ or Add Contact to Address Book).