Acknowledging shifts lets your employer know that you have seen your assigned shifts.
Things to know before you begin
- Your employer may turn on require shift acknowledgement across the entire account.
- If require shift acknowledgement is enabled, you are automatically prompted to acknowledge your shifts when you sign in.
- If require shift acknowledgement is disabled, you can choose to acknowledge your shifts one at a time.
- The app allows you to acknowledge shifts for up to 2 weeks at a time. If you need to acknowledge more than 2 weeks in advance, use your computer to acknowledge shifts instead.
- All users are prompted to acknowledge shifts regardless of their user privileges in the app. This ensures clear communication about published shifts to all staff.
- This article contains images of the When I Work app on an iPhone. Although the app looks slightly different on an iPad, the app works the same on both devices.
Acknowledge your shifts when prompted
If your employer requires you to acknowledge your shifts, the app automatically displays a prompt when you sign in. Tap Acknowledge All at the bottom of the screen to let your employer know you’ve seen your shifts.
The app will only ask you to acknowledge shifts that are scheduled in the future at a max of two weeks in advance.
Acknowledge shifts one at a time
If your employer doesn’t require you to acknowledge shifts, you can choose to acknowledge your shifts one at a time.
- Tap one of your shifts on the schedule.
- Then press the back button.
Your shift is now acknowledged, signified by the green check mark icon.